On Wednesday, May 18 Pam and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary. 20 years! Not only did I find someone to say “I do”, but she still says she loves me after 20 years. Pretty amazing and humbling!
As Pam and I reflected on our marriage I began to think about how generosity is one of THE keys to making a marriage be vibrant, passionate and lasting. Marriage is a give and take and not a place to keep score. Pam is a generous person and she lives a generous lifestyle. This morning I reflected on ways that my wife is generous.
- She home schools our two children. Generous with her time & talents.
- She runs an amazing household. Generous with her time, thoughts & talents.
- She volunteers at the church. Generous with her time & gift of hospitality.
- She loves me and my kids unconditionally. Generous with her love (& mercy:)
- She is a rock solid friend to so many women. Generous with her words, love, & compassion.
- She is a mentor to several young women. Generous with her love, time & wisdom.
- She makes meals for people ALL the time. Generous with her talents, time & love.
- She is a fabulous host. Generous with her gift of hospitality & time.
- She is wonderful daughter. Generous with her love and compassion.
- She is an awesome wife to me. Generous with her love, compassion, mercy, forgiveness, talents, I could go on and on.