The #1 goal of church communications should be to illustrate/celebrate life change. Yes there are plenty of dates, events, activities, and Wednesday night supper menus we need to communicate with our people but does that stuff really:
- need to be on the home page of the church website?
- need to dominate the church newsletter (paper or electronic)?
- need to dominate the worship bulletin?
- need to be announced in person during worship?
What is the church all about?
Why do we do what we do?
Aren’t we in the life changing business? If so,
- let us illustrate life change in the people of our church.
- let us illustrate life change that happens because of the actions of the people in our church.
- let us illustrate life change that happens because of the gospel.
Once we illustrate it we need to CELEBRATE it!!!!!!!!!
When Jesus cast the legion out of the man in Luke 8 the man wanted to stay with him, but Jesus said in verse 39 “No, go back to your family, and tell them everything God has done for you.”
We need to tell everyone what God is doing for us. Don’t you agree?
OBTW: people give to life change.